Covid Antigen Testing
An Antigen test detects the presence of a specific viral protein known as an antigen which is found on the surface of the COVID-19 virus. An Antigen test is not as accurate as a PCR test and are designed to detect the virus at levels that are more likely to mean you’re infection and could spread the infections to others.
Antigen testing service is no longer available in our stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this test suitable for?
The test is being offered primarily for the purpose of travel to EU countries
Who is it not suitable for?
- Anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19
- Anyone who thinks they have Covid-19
- Anyone who may be a close contact of someone has COVID-19
- Anyone who recently arrived in Ireland from somewhere where the advice is to self-isolate
How do I book my test?
- Click on the link below to register for an appointment
- Fill in the registration details and select your chosen store
- Payment will be taken at the time of booking
- If for any reason you have to cancel your booking, a refund will be made directly to your account
How much does the test cost?
The cost of this test is €40
Important booking Information
- You are required to bring a form of photo ID to confirm your identity. If you are using this service for travelling this must be your passport.
- It is important to ensure your full name, date of birth and, if you are travelling your passport number is entered correctly
- Remember to wear a face mask when attending your appointment
- Do not present for your appointment if you are currently suffering from any Covid symptoms
What does the test involve?
- The test involves taking a swab from the back of your nose. A testing kit is then used in the pharmacy to assess for the presence of COVID-19 antigens.
- The test itself will only take a couple of minutes and will be performed by your pharmacist
- You get the results after 15 minutes and these will be e-mailed directly to you
Travel and EU Digital COVID Certificate
- If you get a negative test you will receive your Digital Covid Certificate via e-mail
- If you require this test for international travel, ensure that you are familiar with the current requirements for the country you are entering
- Check the DFA website for the latest travel requirements
What do I do if my Antigen test is positive?
You should go directly home, self isolate and book a COVID test