NiQuitin Mini 1.5mg Mint Lozenge 100
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
This pack contains NiQuitin Minis 1.5mg which are for smokers who smoke 20 cigarettes or less a day. They can help you give up smoking straightaway. They can also help you cut down smoking before stopping completely. If you think you can stop smoking straightaway, then you should because this is usually best. However, if you feel this is too big a step, then you may wish to try cutting down the amount of cigarettes you smoke as a first step before stopping completely. It is the Nicotine in cigarettes that can make you physically addicted to them. NiQuitin Minis 1.5mg replace some of the Nicotine you get from cigarettes. This Nicotine relieves some of the unpleasant symptoms that smokers may have when they try to give up. These include feeling ill or irritable. The Nicotine can also relieve your cravings for a cigarette and help you to resist the urge to smoke. NiQuitin Minis 1.5mg do not have the health dangers of tobacco. This is because they do not contain the Tar, Carbon Monoxide or other toxins in cigarette smoke. Some people worry that after stopping smoking, they may become dependent on Nicotine lozenges instead. This is very rare, and if it did happen, it is less harmful than continuing to smoke. It is also an easier habit to break. In general, any possible side effects associated with NRT are far outweighed by the well known dangers of continuing to smoke.
Benefits and Features
- Replaces some of the Nicotine from cigarettes
- Relieves withdrawal symptoms
- No tobacco health dangers
- Mint flavoured
How to use?
- When stopping smoking straightaway (18 years and over):
- Start by using 8 to 12 lozenges a day.
- Suck a lozenge whenever you have an urge to smoke.
- Use the lozenges like this for up to 6 weeks, then gradually cut down the number of lozenges you use a day.
- Once you are using only 1 or 2 lozenges a day, stop using them altogether.
- After you have given up you may sometimes feel a sudden craving for a cigarette.
- You can use a NiQuitin Mini lozenge again if this happens.
- Cutting down before stopping smoking (18 years and over):
- When you feel a strong urge to smoke, use a NiQuitin Minis instead of a cigarette to help you manage your cravings.
- Cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke per day by as many as possible.
- If you have not been able to cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day after 6 weeks, talk to a healthcare professional.
- As soon as you feel able, you should give up cigarettes completely.
- Combining NiQuitin Minis and patches (18 years and over):
- In some instances it may be beneficial to use NiQuitin Minis in combination with NiQuitin Patches to help control sudden cravings.
- If you experience strong cravings to smoke, combination therapy of transdermal patches and oral forms of Nicotine such as NiQuitin Minis to provide a better chance of quitting than patches alone.
- In all cases you should use NiQuitin Minis by putting one lozenge in your mouth and from time to time move it from one side of your mouth to the other, until it is completely dissolved.
- This should take around 10 minutes.
- Do not chew the lozenge or swallow it whole.
- Do not use more than 15 lozenges a day.
- If you feel the need to use NiQuitin Minis 1.5 mg for longer than 9 months in total, you should ask a healthcare professional for advice.
- Do not use NiQuitin Minis if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Nicotine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- Do not use if you are a non-smoker or under the age of 12 years.
The active substance is Nicotine (in the form of a resin complex called Nicotine Resonate). The other ingredients are mannitol (E421), sodium alginate (E401), xanthan gum (E415), potassium bicarbonate (E501), calcium polycarbophil, sodium carbonate anhydrous (E500), acesulfame potassium (E950), flavours, magnesium stearate (E470b).
Medical Warnings and Age Restrictions
See leaflet for further information.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.
Delivery & Returns
Order before 2pm for next day delivery
- An Post: €4.75 per order (Free Delivery on orders over €38)
- UPS: €6.50 per order
- Orders received on Weekdays up to 2pm will usually be processed and dispatched on the same working day.
- Orders received after 2pm on weekdays will usually be processed and dispatched on the next working day.
- Orders received after 2pm Friday up to midnight Saturday will usually be dispatched by us, and sorted by An Post on Sunday, for Monday delivery.
- We deliver from Monday - Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays. Saturday deliveries are only to major towns and cities).