Vitabiotics Pregnacare Plus - 28 capsules
Pregnacare Plus dual pack provides the original fully comprehensive multivitamin tablet, which delivers the essential nutrients for pregnancy including the recommended level of 400mcg folic acid and 10 mcg vitamin D plus an additional Omega-3 capsule to provide a rich source of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which contributes to normal brain and eye development of the foetus
Benefits & Features
- Free from artificial colours, salt, yeast, preservatives & lactose
- Gluten free
- Pregnacare is not tested on animals
How To Take
- Take one pink and one yellow tablets per day
- Swallow each with water or a cold drink and take with a main meal.
- Not to be chewed.
- Do not exceed recommended intake.
- To be taken only on a full stomach.
Vitamin D in Pregnancy
- The Department of Health recommends that all pregnant and breast-feeding women take a supplement containing 10mcg vitamin D, which is the exact amount found in Pregnacare®.
Vitamin E in Pregnancy
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Pregnacare® contains a low recommended dietary intake of 4mg. This is present in the natural form which is better absorbed by the mother than synthetic vitamin E.
The Importance of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Adults can obtain DHA and EPA indirectly through the conversion of the essential fatty acid alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), present in vegetable oils such as linseed but this process is very inefficient. Fish oils provide a much more reliable, direct source of DHA and EPA. The foetus and infant in early life need to receive these fatty acids directly as they only have a limited capability to convert essential fatty acids to more active long chain fatty acids such as DHA.