Vitabiotics Pregnacare Plus - 28 capsules
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Pregnacare Plus dual pack provides the original fully comprehensive multivitamin tablet, which delivers the essential nutrients for pregnancy including the recommended level of 400mcg folic acid and 10 mcg vitamin D plus an additional Omega-3 capsule to provide a rich source of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which contributes to normal brain and eye development of the foetus
Benefits & Features
- Free from artificial colours, salt, yeast, preservatives & lactose
- Pregnacare is not tested on animals
How To Take
- Take one pink and one yellow tablet per day
- Swallow each with water or a cold drink and take with the main meal.
- Not to be chewed.
- Do not exceed the recommended intake.
- To be taken only on a full stomach.
Vitamin D in Pregnancy
- The Department of Health recommends that all pregnant and breastfeeding women take a supplement containing 10mcg vitamin D, which is the exact amount found in Pregnacare®.
Vitamin E in Pregnancy
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Pregnacare® contains a low recommended dietary intake of 4mg. This is present in the natural form which is better absorbed by the mother than synthetic vitamin E.
The Importance of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Adults can obtain DHA and EPA indirectly through the conversion of the essential fatty acid alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), present in vegetable oils such as linseed but this process is very inefficient. Fish oils provide a much more reliable, direct source of DHA and EPA. The foetus and infant in early life need to receive these fatty acids directly as they only have a limited capability to convert essential fatty acids to more active long-chain fatty acids such as DHA.
Delivery & Returns
Order before 2pm for next day delivery
- An Post: €4.75 per order (Free Delivery on orders over €38)
- UPS: €6.50 per order
- Orders received on Weekdays up to 2pm will usually be processed and dispatched on the same working day.
- Orders received after 2pm on weekdays will usually be processed and dispatched on the next working day.
- Orders received after 2pm Friday up to midnight Saturday will usually be dispatched by us, and sorted by An Post on Sunday, for Monday delivery.
- We deliver from Monday - Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays. Saturday deliveries are only to major towns and cities).