Artelac SDU 30 x 0.6ml
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Artelac contains the active ingredient Hypromellose which acts as a lubricant to treat symptoms of dry eye. Your eyes will normally produce just enough natural tears to allow them to move easily and comfortably. If your eyes do not produce enough tears they can become dry, red and painful. Your drops keep the surface of the eye lubricated (moist) when production of tears is less than normal, and has a refreshing, cooling action. The Hypromellose in these drops increases the thickness of the solution which has a moisturising effect and helps the solution to stay in contact with your eye for a longer period of time. Artelac can be used by children, adults and the elderly
Benefits and Features
- Artificial tear solution
- Soothing properties
- Keeps surface of eye lubricated
- Refreshing and cooling action
How to use?
- Always use your solution exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- This medicine is only to be used as drops applied into one or both eye(s).
- The recommended dose is to apply 1 drop in the corner of the eye, nearest the nose, 3 to 5 times each day or as required to give enough lubrication.
- Ensure the dropper tip does not touch any surface including the eye surface.
- Dry eye is a condition that varies from person to person.
- Use the drops as often as you think necessary.
- Directions for use: Wash your hands before using your drops.
- Sit down in front of a mirror so that you can see what you are doing.
- Wipe your eyes to clear any residual wateriness or discharge.
- Unscrew the cap from the bottle and check the dropper is clean.
- Pull your lower eyelid gently down, and then carefully place one drop inside the lower eyelid, in the corner nearest the nose (see picture).
- Take care not to touch the dropper with your eye or fingers.
- Release the lower eyelid, and blink a few times to make sure the eye is covered by the liquid.
- Repeat the procedure for your other eye.
- When you have finished, put the cap back on the bottle tightly.
- If you use more Artelac than you should, this may cause some blurring of vision, which will soon pass.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you forget to take Artelac, do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Do not use Artelac: If you are allergic to Hypromellose or any of the ingredients of this medicine (listed in Section 6).
- Warnings and precautions: Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Artelac.
- If you wear soft contact lenses – take out your lenses before using Artelac and then wait for at least 15 minutes after using these drops before putting your lenses back in.
- If your eyes continue to feel dry and sore, stop using your drops and tell your doctor.
- Other medicines and Artelac: Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility: If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- Driving and using machines: All eye drops can cause a short term blurring of vision when first used, so you should wait until your eyes are clear before driving or using machines.
Medical Warnings and Age Restrictions
Caution in use with other ocular medications/ products
See leaflet for further information.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.
Delivery & Returns
Order before 2pm for next day delivery
- An Post: €4.75 per order (Free Delivery on orders over €38)
- UPS: €6.50 per order
- Orders received on Weekdays up to 2pm will usually be processed and dispatched on the same working day.
- Orders received after 2pm on weekdays will usually be processed and dispatched on the next working day.
- Orders received after 2pm Friday up to midnight Saturday will usually be dispatched by us, and sorted by An Post on Sunday, for Monday delivery.
- We deliver from Monday - Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays. Saturday deliveries are only to major towns and cities).