What Do Imodium Plus Tablets Do?
The tablets are used to treat short-lived attacks of diarrhoea when it occurs with stomach cramps, bloating and wind.
The tablets contain two active ingredients:
- Loperamide hydrochloride, which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel. This helps the body to absorb more water and salts from the bowel.
- Simeticone, which breaks up the gas bubbles in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
Adults over 18 years:
- Take 2 tablets initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Young adults aged 12 to 18 years: Take 1 tablet initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Not more than 4 tablets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days. If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48hours, consult your doctor.
What do Imodium Plus tablets contain?
The active substances are: loperamide hydrochloride (2 mg per tablet) and simeticone (measured as 125 mg dimeticone per tablet).
The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame potassium, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate type A and stearic acid.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Not to be used for children under 12 years.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Always read the leaflet before using this product.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email [email protected] and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.