Senokot - 20 Tablets
Senokot is a reliably effective laxative, to give gentle, predictable overnight relief from occasional constipation.
What does Senokot Tablets do?
Senokot is a reliably effective laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional constipation.
Benefits & Features
- Gentle effective constipation relief
- Works in 8-12 hours
- Predictable relief
- Helps restore your natural rhythm
- Contains natural senna
Directions for use
- Senokot 7.5mg Tablets are for oral administration.
- Adults: 2-4 tablets at night. New users should start with the lowest dose and increase if necessary by one half of initial dose each day.
- Once regularity has been regained, doses should be reduced and can usually be stopped.
- Senokot usually acts within 8-12 hours.
- Dose can be repeated on a daily basis until bowel action is restored, but if there is no bowel movement within three days of use, consult your doctor.
- You may experience temporary mild stomach pains when changing dosage
Not recommended for use in children, except under medical advice.
- Each tablet contains standardised senna equivalent to 7.5mg total sennosides in a base containing calcium phosphate, maize starch, lactose monohydrate and magnesium stearate.
Consult your doctor if:
- Laxatives are needed every day, or abdominal pain persists
- You accidentally take too many tablets
- If you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars
Do not take if:
- You know you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients in this product (see section on ingredients)
- You have a sharp or severe pain in your stomach which may be symptoms of appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, inflammatory bowel disease, including ulcerative colitis, or abdominal pain of unknown origin.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless under medical advice
- Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
- Store below 25°C.
- Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Read the information on the back of the package carefully before taking this product.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email [email protected] and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.