Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer has been carefully developed for accurate, safe and fast temperature measurements in the ear. It is a non-evasive ear thermometer that uses and infrared detector to detect body temperature from the auditory canal for both adults and children. It converts the ear temperature to display its “oral equivalent”. It measures temperature in 1 second, and also has a fever alarm that beeps to warn the user for potential fever when temperature is over 37.5˚C (99.5˚F).
It has 9 memories, and is °C / °F switchable. It has automatic shutdown after 60 seconds to extend battery life, and also indicates when the battery is low.
This Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer also has a plug & secure probe cover.
- To achieve accurate readings make sure a new, clean probe cover is in place before each measurement and the ear canal is clean.
Install the probe cover by clockwise rotating, then fix it.
Remove the probe cover by anti-clockwise rotating then releasing it.
- Press the “On/Off/Memory” button. The thermometer is ready for use after the ear icon is flashing, two beeps are sounded and three dash segments appear.
- Gently pull the ear back to straighten the ear canal, and snugly position the probe into the ear canal, aiming towards the membrane of the eardrum to obtain an accurate reading.
Before measurement, correct installation of the probe cover ensures accurate measurement.
Replace the probe cover after each use to ensure an accurate reading and avoid cross contamination.
This thermometer must only be used with Rossmax probe covers.
- Measuring the ear temperature: Use the index finger to trigger, by pressing the ‘Start’ button. A long beep will be sounded when measurement is done.
- For the next measurement, remove the used probe cover and put on a new one.
- It is recommended that you measure 3 times with the same ear within a short period of time. If the 3 consecutive measurements are different, select the highest temperature.
- To avoid the risk of cross contamination, please clean the probe.
For more information, see the instruction manual provided.