NorLevo is an effective form of emergency contraception that can be taken up to 3 days after unprotected sex. If your request is approved, collect your morning-after pill in-store the same day.
Benefits & Features:
- The most effective morning-after pill
- Take within 72hrs (3 days) of unprotected sex
- Available for same-day collection
- Strength 1500mcg
- Pack size 1 tablet
How to use:
- Take NorLevo within 3 days (72 hours) of unprotected sex.
- NorLevo is most effective at the beginning of your menstrual cycle.
- NorLevo is proven to be effective at preventing pregnancy for up to 3 days after unprotected sex. However, it is more likely to be effective the earlier you take it. It is thought to prevent 95% of pregnancies if taken within 24 hours, 85% if taken within 48 hours, and 58% if taken within 72 hours.
- If you are sick within 3hrs of taking NorLevo, you need to take another tablet as soon as possible.
- If you have unprotected sex after taking NorLevo, it will not stop you from becoming pregnant. After you take the tablet and until your next period comes, you should use condoms every time you have sex.
How it works:
- NorLevo contains an active ingredient called levonorgestrel. This is a synthetic hormone that prevents your ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation) and prevents sperm from fertilising an egg if you have already ovulated. In this way, the ingredient prevents pregnancy.
- If you are sick within 3hrs of taking ellaOne, you need to take another tablet as soon as possible.
- If you have unprotected sex after taking ellaOne, it will not stop you from becoming pregnant. After you take the tablet and until your next period comes, you should use condoms every time you have sex.
Protect against STIs:
- NorLevo only protects against pregnancy, not sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If you have had unprotected sex, you may be at risk of having an STI.
- If you are worried you might have an STI, you can visit our STI test clinic for advice, at-home tests and treatments.
Important information about NorLevo:
- You should not take NorLevo if you had unprotected sex more than 72 hours ago. EllaOne or a copper coil (IUD) may be suitable options.After taking NorLevo, if your period is more than 5 days late, you have abnormal bleeding at that time or if you think that you might be pregnant, you should take a pregnancy test.
Safety: taking other medicines:
- You should be able to take NorLevo alongside other medicines. However, it is important that you let us know which prescription, over-the-counter medicines and recreational drugs you are taking so that we can prescribe NorLevo safely.