Phenergan Oral Solution 100ml
What is Phenergan Oral Solution used for ?
Phenergan Oral Solution contains a medicine called promethazine hydrochloride. This belongs to a group of medicines called phenothiazines.
It works by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. It also works directly on the brain to help you feel more relaxed. Phenergan 5mg/5ml oral solution also contains Sodium Metabisulphite (E223), this may rarely cause severe hypersensitivity reactions and broncospasm.
- Each 5ml of oral solution contains: 5mg promethazine hydrochloride.
- Other ingredients include: hydrogenated glucose syrup (maltitol liquid) and sodium citrate, sodium sulphite (E221), sodium metabisulphite (E223) and sodium benzoate (E211).
For allergies (such as hay fever, rashes and hives)
- Children 2-5 years: Either a single dose of one to three 5ml spoonfuls OR one 5ml spoonful twice a day
- DO NOT give more than three 5ml spoonfuls a day Children 5-10 years: Either a single dose of two to five 5ml spoonfuls OR one or two 5ml spoonfuls twice a day
- DO NOT give more than five 5ml spoonfuls a day Children over 10 years and adults (including the elderly): •Start with two 5ml spoonfuls twice a day This may be increased to a maximum of four 5ml spoonfuls three times a day.
- For children over 10 years and adults, Phenergan Tablets may be more convenient.
For travel sickness
- Children 2-5 years: One 5ml spoonful the night before the journey. This may be repeated after 6-8 hours if necessary.
- Children 5-10 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls the night before the journey. This may be repeated after 6-8 hours if necessary.
- Children over 10 years and adults (including the elderly): Five 5ml spoonfuls the night before the journey,
- This may be repeated after 6-8 hours if necessary For children over 10 years and adults, Phenergan Tablets may be more convenient.
- Do not exceed the stated dose. If symptoms persist consult your doctor. If you are not sure how much to take ask your doctor or your pharmacist.
- Phenergan 5mg/5ml Oral Solution should be given at bedtime unless 2 doses are required during the day. In this case the lowest dose should be given.
- To prevent travel sickness the lowest dose should be given the night before the journey and may be repeated after 6-8 hours.
- Smaller doses should be taken if undesirable daytime drowsiness occurs. Children taking Phenergan may become drowsy and should be supervised.
- Children taking Phenergan may become drowsy and should be supervised
- use withing one month of opening bottle.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Store in the original container in order to protect from light.
- May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcohol drink.
- Not suitable for diabetics – contains hydrogenated glucose syrup.
- If you or your child are taking any other medication consult your doctor before using Phenergan 5mg/5ml Oral Solution.
- Exposure of the skin to strong sunlight should be avoided.
Always read packaging and enclosed leaflet before use.
*NOT SUITABLE FOR SHIPPING OUTSIDE IRELAND DUE TO PACKAGING.