OptiBac Probiotics - (10 Capsules)
Optibac Probiotics For Those on Antibiotics are capsules formulated to help you replenish your friendly bacteria during a course of antibiotics or recently after you have completed a course of antibiotics.
Benefits & Features
- For people who are taking antibiotics (e.g. amoxicillin, penicillin, tetracycline, doxycycline), or who have recently finished an antibiotic course, the probiotics in this supplement are especially selected to maintain a good balance of friendly bacteria in the intestinal tract during and after your course of antibiotics.
Probiotics and antibiotics:
- OptiBac Antibiotics do not distinguish between friendly and harmful bacteria and therefore kill off many probiotics in the gut, leading to side effects such as thrush, diarrhoea, or poor immunity.
- OptiBac Probiotics For those on antibiotics promotes a healthy balance of good bacteria, thereby supporting health, digestion and immunity for patients taking antibiotics.
Directions for Use
For those on antibiotics can be given to adults and children (from 4 years upwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take one capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, until antibiotics course is finished and preferably for one week after, or as professionally directed.
- Take probiotics separately from ingestion of antibiotics (at least 30 minutes after antibiotics).
- Continue taking OptiBac Probiotics For those on antibiotics until 10 capsule pack is completed, and add a second pack if the antibiotic treatment lasts more than one week.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
Safety: It is not recommended to give probiotics to severely immunosuppressed patients, infants with short bowel syndrome (SBS), post cardiac surgery patients, patients with pancreatitis, patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or patients with blood in the stool unless under a doctor's care.