This step down programme allows you to gradually overcome your body’s need for nicotine. Always use this medicine exactly as described in the information leaflet or as your healthcare professional has told you. Check with your healthcare professional if you are not sure. As your body adjusts to not smoking, you are able to reduce the strength of patches used until you no longer need to use them.
Benefits and Features
- Delivers 14mg of nicotine over 24 hours
- Step down programme
- Helps to overcome nicotine addiction
How to use?
- It is important to choose a clean, dry and hairless area of skin on which to position the patch, to make sure that it sticks properly.
- Avoid areas where the skin creases (such as over a joint) or where the skin folds when you move.
- Also avoid skin which is red, broken or irritated.
- Do not remove the patch from its sealed protective sachet until you are ready to use it.
- Cut open the sachet along the dotted line, taking care not to damage the patch inside.
- Take out the patch carefully.
- A clear, protective liner covers the sticky side of the patch - the side that will be put on your skin.
- With the sticky side facing you, pull half the liner away from the patch starting at the middle.
- Hold the patch at the outside edge (touch the sticky side as little as possible) and pull off the other half of the protective liner.
- Immediately apply the sticky side of the patch to your skin.
- Press the patch firmly on to your skin with the palm of your hand for at least 10 seconds.
- Make sure it sticks well to the skin, especially round the edges.
- When applying the patch, avoid touching the eyes and nose.
- When you have finished, always wash your hands with water only.
- Do not use soap which may increase nicotine absorption.
- Water will not harm the patch, if it has been applied properly.
- You can bathe, swim or shower for short periods while you are wearing the patch.
- Change your patches: A new patch should be applied once a day and at about the same time each day, preferably soon after waking.
- Leave each patch in place for 24 hours, and always choose a different area of skin on which to place the new patch.
- Do not reuse the same skin site for at least seven days.
Nicotine, Drug Reservoir: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymer, Occlusive backing: Polyethylene Terephthalate/ Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, Rate Controlling Membrane: Polyethylene Film, Adhesive and Protective Layer: Polyisobutylene Adhesive Laminate
Medical Warnings and Age Restrictions
See leaflet for further information.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please callÂ Â +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm)Â or emailÂ [email protected] and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.