Nicotinell Nicotine Lozenge Stop Smoking Aid 1mg/2mg Mint
Nicotinell Mint 1mg Compressed Lozenge is used to relieve the nicotine withdrawal symptoms in nicotine dependency, as an aid to smoking cessation.
What Nicotinell Mint lozenge is and what it is used for?
- Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains nicotine, which is one of the substances contained in tobacco.
- This medicine product belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you to stop smoking. When sucked, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth.
- This medicinal product is used to relieve the nicotine withdrawal symptoms in nicotine dependency, as an aid to smoking cessation. Patient counselling and support normally improve the success rate.
How to take
- Always take Nicotinell Mint Lozenge exactly as stated in this package leaflet. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- To improve your chances of giving up smoking you should stop smoking completely when you start to use the lozenges and for the whole treatment period.
- Nicotinell Mint Lozenge is available in two strengths: 1 and 2 mg.
- Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge is recommended in low to moderate nicotine-dependent smokers. It is not recommended for smokers with a strong or very strong nicotine dependency.
- Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge can be used alone or in combination with Nicotinell patches.
- Children and adolescents (below 18 years) Nicotinell should not be used by people under 18 years of age without a recommendation from a doctor.
- Adults over 18 years Treatment with Nicotinell Mint lozenges only select your optimal dosage from the following table:
If an adverse event occurs with the use of the high dose (2 mg lozenge), use of the low dose (1 mg lozenge) should be considered.
Instructions for use
- Do not swallow the lozenge.
- Suck a lozenge until the taste becomes strong.
- Allow the lozenge to rest between your gum and cheek.
- Suck again when the taste has faded.
- Repeat this routine until the lozenge dissolves completely (about 30 minutes).
What Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains?
- The active substance is nicotine each piece of Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains 1 mg of nicotine (as 3.072 mg nicotine bitartrate dihydrate).
- The other ingredients are maltitol (E965), sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate, polyacrylate, xanthan gum, colloidal anhydrous silica, levomenthol, peppermint oil, aspartame (E951), magnesium stearate.
Always read the enclosed leaflet before using this product.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons, our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 9am - 4pm) or email email@example.com and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.