What is Nexium used for?
Nexium Control contains the active substance esomeprazole . It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces .
This medicine is used in adults for the short-term treatment of acid reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation). Reflux is the back flow of acid from the stomach into the gullet (“foodpipe”) which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause you symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
How to Use: For Oral Use
- Take one tablet once a day. Do not exceed this dose.
- The tablets should be swallowed whole. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- May take 2-3 days for full effect.
- If your symptoms worsen, do not improve or persist after taking this medicine for 14 days, contact your doctor.
- Do not take antacids or other indigestion treatments at the same time as Nexium Control.
- Read the package leaflet before use.
The active substance is esomeprazole. Each tablet contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as magnesium trihydrate).
The other ingredient(s): are glycerol monostearate 40-55, hyprolose, hypromellose, iron oxide (reddish-brown) (E 172), iron oxide (yellow) (E 172), magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid ethylacrylate copolymer (I:I) dispersion 30 per cent, cellulose microcrystalline, synthetic paraffin, macrogol 6000, polysorbate 80, crospovidone (Type A), sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres (sucrose), talc, titanium dioxide (E 171) and triethyl citrate.
See package leaflet for further information.
Do not use
If you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if:
- You are taking any medicines listed in the package leaflet.
- You are over 55 and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Store in original package in order to protect from light.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children.
Read the package leaflet before use.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email [email protected] and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.