MooGoo wish making a good sunscreen using only Zinc as the active was as easy as putting Zinc into a moisturiser; but it’s not. Developing a sunscreen with broad spectrum sun protection using only Zinc, without being too greasy is very complicated. The cream needs to be stable, provide a good reflective film, be naturally preserved etc. All of these things took MooGoo 4 years of work to achieve. But it was worth it, because MooGoo were able to make something they are proud of and happy to use on themselves, family and loved ones. MooGoo use Zinc because it’s naturally derived, even if it makes the cream a bit thicker and a little harder to apply. Zinc Oxide acts like a reflective umbrella on the skin, reflecting UV rays away. It’s also suitable for all ages, from babies to adults, and even new-born's. And also all skin types, even for the most sensitive. MooGoo's sunscreen suits people that are sensitive to sunscreen with UV filters, and want a Zinc-based sunscreen that is not greasy. It’s also for people who like to know what’s in their sunscreen.
Benefits and Features
- MooGoo use natural clear Zinc in a topical cream, rubs in clear
- Active Ingredient is Zinc Oxide 24.96%
- No chemical UV filters – Zinc provides broad spectrum protection
How to use?
- Apply generously to all areas of the skin and allow to dry before sun exposure.
- Reapply as required, especially after swimming, towelling or exercise.
- Here’s the secret to using Zinc-based sunscreen.
- Don’t rush! First, it will be white.
- Allow 30 seconds for it to warm to body temperature and then rub it in clear.
- Avoid contact with eyes, wear cool sunnies instead.
- Also, wear protective clothing and avoid prolonged sun exposure
- As with all products, patch test to check for allergies before use.
- To keep your skin healthy, moisturise after sun exposure – you know which is MooGoo's favourite, right?
- Soothing MSM Moisturiser will give skin all the love it needs after some time in the sun.
Aqua (Hâ‚‚O’s Fancy Name), Zinc Oxide (For Sun Protection), Coco Caprylate (Coconut-Based Conditioner), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate (Olive-Based Emulsifier), Glycerin (Sugar Alcohol), Lecithin (Soy), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxyystearate (Emulsifier), Galactoarabinan (Emulsifier), Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate (Emulsifier), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (Emulsifier), 1,2-Hexanediol (Moisturiser), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioner), Tropolone (Skin Soother), Cetyl Phosphate (Emulsifier), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Oleic Acid (Emulsifier). Zinc is very complicated to formulate with as Zinc naturally "clumps", so ingredients have to be used to make sure this doesn’t happen and it’s able to be spread evenly. So although we typically like to avoid using anything that we struggle to pronounce, this moisturiser and binder was by far the best way to keep the cream moist, preserved and free from bacteria – 1,2-Hexanediol (Moisturiser), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioner), Tropolone (Skin Soother), Cetyl Phosphate (Emulsifier), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Oleic Acid (Emulsifier).