Emazole Control is a short term treatment for reflux symptoms such as heartburn and acid regurgitation. Emazole Control works by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces for at least 24hours. Do not take more than the recommended dose of one tablet (20mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately. These tablets can be taken on an empty stomach or with food.
How to take:
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Emazole Control is not recommended for children less than 18 years old.
- If you are taking this medicine for a long time, your doctor will want to monitor you, (Particularly if you are taking it for more than a year).
- If your doctor has told you to take this medicine as and when you need it, tell your doctor if your signs of illness change.
Warnings and precautions
- Talk to your doctor before taking Emazole Control:
- if you have jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) or severe liver problems
- if you have severe kidney problems
- if you have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past
- if you have been taking treatment continuously for reflux or heartburn for 4 or more weeks
- if you are aged over 55 years and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms or need to take
- a non-prescription indigestion or heartburn remedy treatment every day
- if you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Emazole Control that reduces stomach acid.
Emazole 20 mg gastro-resistant tablet:
The active substance is esomeprazole.
Each gastroresistant tablet contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as magnesium dihydrate).
The other ingredients are:
Tablet core: sucrose, maize starch, liquid glucose,hydroxypropyl cellulose, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide (E171), methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1), glycerol monostearate, propylene glycol, stearic acid, polysorbate 80, simethicone, microcrystalline cellulose, macrogol 6000, crospovidone, silica colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate.
Tablet coating: hypromellose, macrogol 6000, titanium dioxide (E171), talc, red and yellow iron oxide (E172).
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 4pm) or email [email protected] and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.