Duphalac Lactulose Solution 300ml
Duphalac is used to treat constipation, (infrequent bowel movements, hard and dry stools).
Duphalac contains a laxative called lactulose. It makes the stool softer and easier to pass, by drawing water into the bowel. It is not absorbed into your body.
Duphalac is used to treat constipation (infrequent bowel movements, hard and dry stools).
Duphalac is also used to treat hepatic encephalopathy (a liver disease causing confusion, tremor, decreased level of consciousness including coma). This is also known as a ‘hepatic coma’.
Dosage: Starting Dosage
- Adults and adolescents 15 ml twice daily
- Children (5-10 years) 10 ml twice daily
- Children (2-5 years) 5 ml twice daily
- Infants (1-2 year) 2.5-5 ml twice daily
- Infants (1 moth- 1 year) 2.5 ml twice daily
- (Hepatic coma) Initially 30-50 ml three times daily.
- Subsequently adjust dosage to produce 2 or 3 soft stools each day.
What does Duphalac contain?
- The active substance is lactulose. (5 ml of Duphalac contains 3.335 g of lactulose)
- Duphalac does not contain any other ingredients.
- However, it may contain small amounts of other sugars, such as lactose, galactose, epilactose and fructose.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use Duphalac after the expiry date, which is stated on the bottle.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Please read package before consuming this product.
This item is a medicine and for safety reasons our McCabes Pharmacist will review this purchase before dispatch.
To allow our pharmacist to ensure it is appropriate for you to take this medicine we will ask you to complete a form with a few simple questions. Please complete as fully as possible to ensure no delay in dispatch. This is because we take safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by phone to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
We can only sell one product of this medicine per transaction. Should you have reason to require more, please call +353 1 8074706 (weekdays 10am - 3pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a pharmacist call you as soon as possible.